EPH 2019, Marseille, France, pre-conferences/workshops:
- A skill co-building pre-conference: How to build bridges between public health and primary care in Europe?
- Workshop: Applying multidisciplinary sciences to improve paediatric primary care for children in Europe
- Workshop: Maternal & child health policy evaluation:utilising administrative data & natural experiment designs
EPH 2018, Ljubljana, Slovenia, pre-conferences/workshops:
- Workshop: How can we reduce inequalities in child health? Perspectives from across Europe
- Workshop: Improving primary health care for children and adolescents: what are the future steps? This workshop is co-organized with several European Pediatrics associations: the European Academy of Pediatrics (EAP), the European Confederation of Primary Care Paediatricians ECPCP and the European Paediatric Association, the Union of National European Paediatric Societies and Associations (EPA/UNEPSA).
EPH 2017, Stockholm, Sweden pre-conferences/workshops:
- Pre-conference: Child Maltreatment: a Public Health Perspective. Half way to 2020, where are we now?
Organised together with EUPHA sections on Public mental health, Injury prevention and safety promotion and NCPHWR
- Health literacy and the resilient citizen in the healthy community: filling the gap between theory and health promotion research in the sustainability agenda.
Organised with the EUPHA section on Health promotion, Bielefeld University (CPI), European Health Promotion Research
EPH 2016, Vienna, Austria pre-conferences/workshops:
- Workshop: Cost-effectiveness studies in primary prevention interventions targeting children. Organised together with the section Public Health Economics on 11 November 2016.
- Workshop: Health of minority children in Europe. Organised together with the section Migrant and ethnic minority health, on 12 November 2016.
EPH 2013, Brussels, Belgium pre-conferences/workshops:
- Pre-conference: ‘Public Health: The Next Step’ on Thursday 14 November 2013 from 08.30 – 11.30. This preconference was organized together with the EUPHA sections on Chronic Diseases, Ethics in Public Health and EUPHAnxt. The objective of this preconference was to discuss the thresholds that cause the stagnation of implementation of knowledge into practice and to discuss the value public health research wants to add to society today and the next decades.
- Workshop: ‘Mental disorders of children with neurodevelopmental disorders’. This workshop was organized together with the EUPHA sections Mental Health and Ethics in Public Health on Friday 15th November.
- Co-organization of the workshop: ‘Effective public health action – examples from childhood injury prevention’ on Saturday 16th November from 09.00 – 10.30. This workshop was organized by: Dublin City University, Ireland and EUPHA sections Child and Adolescent Public Health and Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion.
EPH 2011, Copenhagen, Denmark pre-conference:
- Pre-conference: Qualitative Research Methods and dissemination of qualitative interviews studies on patients experiences via the International DIPEx group (www.healthtalkonline.org) 9th November 2011, Copenhagen, Organised by: DIPEx International. CHAIRS: S. Ziebland, A. Wiegersma
Other Activities 2011:
- Expert of RICHE – ‘A platform and inventory for child health research in Europe’.
- Cooperation with European Observatory on Child Health Services resulting in BMJ article:Wolfe I, Cass H, Thompson MJ, Craft A, Peile E, Wiegersma PA, Janson S, Chambers TL, McKee M. Improving child health services in the UK: insights from Europe and their implications for the NHS reforms. BMJ 2011; 342:d12773.
- Preparation of book on European Child Health Services (chapter on School Health Services)
- Organiser pre-conference Qualitative Research Copenhagen
- Annual meeting Child and Adolescent Public Health
- Preparation workshop(s) and/or pre-conference in 2012
Activities in previous years:
- 2010 Workshop: Motivational interviewing: how to improve your preventive interaction with adolescents
- 2009 Workshop: Youth friendly health services - meeting the health needs of adolescents
- 2008 Workshop: Comparing child health services and systems in European countries
- 2007 Workshop: Electronic Child Record - an international perspective
- 2006 Workshop: How to use the European strategy for child and adolescent health and development
- 2005 Workshop: Youth friendly services: effective strategies for improving adolescent health care
- 2004 Workshop: Preventive Child Health Care in Europe – changes and challenges
- 2003 Workshop: Environment and children’s health in Europe
- 2002 Workshop: Workshop of the EUPHA section Youth
10 June, 2021
01 June, 2021