EUPHAnxt at EPH Conferences
EUPHAnxt aims to promote training and education for public health students and young professionals by organising skill-building workshops at the annual European Public Health (EPH) Conference.
We organise these skill-building workshops in collaboration with fellow partners, including the Young Forum Gastein, and EuroNet MRPH, and relative EUPHA Sections.
In addition, every year we organise a ‘join the network’ meeting during the conference. The aim of the meeting is to welcome and recruit new members, reunite with current members and brainstorm new EUPHAnxt activities.
EPH Abstract Mentoring Programme
The abstract mentoring programme for the European Public Health (EPH) Conferences runs for two months. It provides an opportunity for young and/or less experienced abstract submitters to receive feedback from experienced reviewers on abstracts that are to be submitted to the annual European Public Health (EPH) Conference.
It is an anonymous process and submitters receive feedback within two weeks of submitting.
The programme administration is done by EPH Conference Office in co-operation with EUPHAnxt.
For more information, check out the conference website, or email us on: info.euphanxt(at)eupha.org
EPH Conference 2019, Marseille, France
- Workshop: How to Advocate Scientific Evidence to Decision-makers? Organised with Global Health Next Generation Network and the Public health policy and politics section
EPH Conference 2017, Stockholm, Sweden
- Skills building in HTA: how to address the economic impact of public health interventions
- Presentation by Lenoir Wijnkoop on nutritional interventions
EPH Conference 2016, Vienna, Austria
- Skills building seminar: Social media for public health actions, organised in cooperation with Young Forum Gastein, EuroNET and MRPH.
- Skills building seminar: skills building for a successful HTA team: the value of HTA in the public health agenda, organised in cooperation with EUPHA section Health Technology Assessment.
- Skills building seminar: 50 shades of grey in scientific integrity, organised in cooperation with EUPHA section Ethics in Public Health.
- Workshop: Scientific speed networking: expand your personal scientific network organised in cooperation with ÖGPH.
- Join the network meeting.
- EUPHAnxt social event: informal get together + Pub Quiz
EUPHAnxt organised, an informal get together in order to network, get to know each other and enjoy the conference. As last year, the event will take place after the welcome reception.
EPH Conference 2015, Milan, Italy
- EUPHAnxt Workshop: Our workshop on critical thinking will take place on Thursday 15th October 16:00 - 17:30. We invited two speakers, Prof Dr Diana Delnoij, associate editor of the European Journal for Public Health, and Dr Els Maeckleberghe, vice president of the EUPHA section “Ethics in Public Health”. The workshop will cover two main aspects, namely ethics and health systems & services. This workshop aims to stimulate critical thinking, and ends with an interactive discussion. We invite all of you to express your view about critical thinking through the official twitter hashtag #criticalthinkingtalk. We look forward to seeing you all at the workshop!
- Annual Meeting. On Friday the 16th between 17.25 and 18.15 EUPHAnxt holds its annual meeting. All subscribers were welcome to join this event and discuss EUPHAnxt activities.
EPH Conference 2014, Glasgow, United Kingdom
- EUPHAnxt organised several activities during the 2014 European Public Health Conference in Glasgow, including:Pre-Conference on skills building: How to write and publish an article for a public health journal
- This pre-conference was organized by EUPHAnxt and the EUPHA section of Public Health Epidemiology. The aim of this pre-conference was to provide an overview on how to write and publish a manuscript for a public health journal, and also to share experiences in this regard.
- Workshop: Let your voice be heard: How to communicate effectively
- This workshop was chaired by Arjan van der Star, EUPHAnxt coordinator, and Sofia Ribeiro, from Euronet MRPH. Dorli Kahr-Gottlieb, secretary general of the European Health Forum Gastein, gave tips on how to moderate and facilitate group discussions and Dineke Zeegers Paget, executive director of EUPHA, explained how to get a message across in an audience.
- Workshop: The changing role of the public health professional: are we up for it?
- This workshop was chaired by Professor Walter Ricciardi, from EUPHA. The three EUPHAnxt coordinators interviewed the four pillar leads (Policy, Practice, Research and Training/Education) on the changing role of the public health professional in times of economic crisis and increased health literacy.
- Informal get together
- In addition to these official activities, EUPHAnxt also organized an informal get together for its subscribers during the EPH conference. The aim was to get to know each other; meet Public Health students and early career professionals from all-over Europe, and network and exchange ideas and information.