Infectious diseases Core Group
Following many applications from highly qualified candidates, in March 2019 nine cadidates were selected from across the region, both from operational and academic backgrounds, with a range of skills covering the key areas of infectious diseases control. The members of the core group are:
- Elena Petelos, University of Crete, Greece and Maastricht University, the Netherlands.
She also represents EUPHA representative at the AMR Stakeholder Network (coordinated by EPHA, https://epha.org/amr-stakeholder-network/)
- Eran Kopel, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Lara Tavoschi, University of Pisa, Italy
- Alessandro Miglietta, University of Florence, Italy
- Melanie Raimundo Maia, NOVE university of Lisbon, Portugal
- Caroline Rumble, Public health England, UK
- Leena Inamdar, Public health England, UK.
She also represents EUPHA on the AMR global R&D hub
- Ihor Kuzin, Public Health Center of the MOH of Ukraine, Ukraine
- Alessandro Cassini, World Health Organisation, Switzerland
- Anna Odone represents EUPHA at the Vaccination Confidence - Patients’ and Professionals’ Awareness, Communication and Trust (VAC-PACT) – Project run by European Patients Forum.
- Aura Timen, RIVM Netherlands, represents EUPHA in the ECDC Advisory Forum (3-year mandate starting on 11 July 2021)
In a short amount of time, member of the core group have already been instrumental in several key activities of the section, in particular representation in key European fora and increasing our social media presence. The core group is key in enhancing the capacity of the section and in the months to come will also work closely with the president and vice-president to prepare for the World Congress of public health, which will be held in from 12-17 October in Rome, Italy.
The section represents EUPHA at the Coalition on vaccination, a European Commission initiative that brings together European associations of healthcare workers as well as relevant students' associations in the field, to commit to delivering accurate information to the public, combating myths and exchanging best practice.
08 November, 2022
30 September, 2022
Coalition for Vaccination issued a statement on childhood vaccination
29 September, 2022