Establishment HWR section
Health Workforce Research (HWR) was established as a new EUPHA section at the 10th EUPHA Conference in Stockholm 2017. The HWR section Governing Board comprises:
- Ellen Kuhlmann, Germany (President)
- Gilles Dussault, Portugal (Vice-President)
- Ronald Batenburg, Netherlands (Vice-President)
- Milena Santric Milicevic, Serbia (Secretary)
- Marius Ungureanu, Romania (appointed Representative for Early Career Researchers and PhD Students)
The HWR section closely collaborates with other NGOs including the WHO Regional Office for Europe, the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies, the European Health Management Association (EHMA) and the OECD. Collaborative Preconferences have been organised in 2016 and 2017. The section also contributes to the 4th Global Forum on Health Human Resources in Dublin and to other activities of WHO. It closely works with the EUPHA Health Services Research (HSR) section.
Everybody working in the area of health workforce is welcome to sign up as HWR member at the EUPHA website. Please follow our activities on the EUPHA website and the quarterly Newsletter. Contact: Ellen Kuhlmann (email@example.com).