The aim of this section is to increase the knowledge base on epidemiologic methodology that can be applied to the public health fields, both at the individual and population levels.
The epidemiological approach to public health involves several disciplines, both quantitative and qualitative, such as epidemiology, biostatistics and social sciences, and the role of the section is to promote initiatives both methodological and operational.
The section is to:
- Promote and strengthen the development and use of the epidemiological methods in public health
- Encourage the presentation of public health epidemiology experiences at the annual conferences of EUPHA. Oral presentation of abstracts should be brought together at the same sessions.
- At each conference arrange at least one workshop on methodological, scientific and/or operational aspects regarding public health epidemiology.
- Work for a high scientific standard of studies on public health epidemiology.
- Encourage the publication of studies on public health epidemiology.
- Act in an advisory capacity for policy statements and papers to influence policy makers and politicians in line with EUPHA objectives.
- Arrange a pre-conference meeting for public health epidemiology researchers in connection to the EUPHA annual conferences.
27 March, 2023
22 November, 2022
23 September, 2022