TO REACH - Transfer of Organisational innovations for Resilient, Effective, equitable, Accessible, sustainable and Comprehensive Health Services and Systems
Towards a joint European research programme on health systems
Over the last decade, European health systems have faced growing common challenges: ageing related issues and continuous financial pressures call for innovative solutions on how to organise health care in an equitable and efficient manner. To address this situation there is an urgent need to bring innovation and research evidence, to identify more effective and sustainable ways to organize, manage, finance, and deliver high quality care to European citizens.
To-reach aims to develop a framework and knowledge synthesis on the identification, transferability and scaling up of organisational innovations in health and social care. The assumption is that health systems differ widely but face common challenges. Common challenges relate to rising costs, need for cost containment, demographic changes, technological advances, and increasing public expectations. To-reach sees the potential for international learning.
To-reach is a coordination and support action (CSA) to prepare a joint European research programme aimed at producing research evidence supporting health care services and systems to become more resilient, effective, equitable, accessible, sustainable and comprehensive in Europe and abroad.
- To produce the Strategic Research Agenda of the future joint research programme;
- To broaden the coalition of committed Member States and funding bodies;
- To design an efficient “structure” of the research network.
- The To-reach website is a developing resource for publishing the plans, activities and outputs of the To-Reach project.
- To know more contact To-Reach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information on the project website.
On 20 May 2021 two policy briefs were published here.
- How can we transfer service and policy innovations between health systems?
- What are the key priority areas where European health systems can learn from each other?
TO-REACH has issued a COVID-19 Statement on 1 April 2020
You can find the statement here: https://to-reach.eu/2020/04/01/to-reach-covid-19-statement/
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 733274.