European Public Health Week
13-17 May 2024
Health is a political choice!
On this page, you can find the media toolkit. This includes materials and guidance to help promote public health messages and provide details about the EUPHW events.
Why use this toolkit?
We provide ready-to-use key messages, visual materials and other resources relevant to each of the 5 daily themes to help your efforts in communicating with your audiences, particularly through social media, newsletters and websites.
How to use the toolkit?
- IF YOU ARE A PUBLIC HEALTH ORGANISATION
You can share them with your usual stakeholders as well as with your staff. We highly encourage you to contact your institutions’ press and communications offices as early as possible so they can disseminate the initiative through the institution’s channels and help to engage local media.
- IF YOU ARE AN INDIVIDUAL PROFESSIONAL
You can share materials with your institution’s communications offices and colleagues, as well as with your own network, e.g. on social media channels.
- IF YOU ARE A CITIZEN INTERESTED IN PUBLIC HEALTH
We encourage you to share our messages and visual materials with your friends, family, schools and workplaces through your own social media channels.
- IF YOU ARE A JOURNALIST OR ANOTHER MEDIA PROFESSIONAL
You can use materials for your media coverage of the EUPHW. If you wish to conduct interviews with those involved in the EUPHW, please send your media enquiry to EUPHAcommunications@eupha.org.
Altering the materials
To maximise impact with your audiences, you may want to translate them into your local language. This option is available in materials for which we provide an editable version. However, the visual elements must not be altered in any way, nor the slogan “Health is a political choice” and the themes of the 5 days. The use of the European Commission and World Health Organization logos is not permitted.
Tips to help promote public health messages and the EUPHW event
- Use the template for event hosts for a good start as event host
- Disseminate your event
- Follow and retweet contents from @EUPHActs, @EUPHAnxt and #EUPHW on social media
- Engage and share posts from EUPHA and #EUPHW on social medial
- Share key messages, facts and figures about each of the daily themes on your own social media feeds, newsletters and websites (available soon)
- Check which EUPHW events you are most interested in joining, in person or online
- Share your thoughts on social media about the events you are attending using #EUPHW and #EUPHW[country in English], e.g. #EUPHWnorway
Event programme templates
- Monday, May 13th: Health is a political choice
- Tuesday, May 14th: Mental health: People at the centre
- Wednesday, May 15th: Planetary health: A glocal approach
- Thursday, May 16th: Health through the life course: Breaking down silos
- Friday, May 17th: Next generation: Public health leaders of today and tomorrow
The RGB codes for the EUPHW:
- Blue: RGB 28/86/164
- Green: RGB 157/196/26
The font is Avenir
Download the general EUPHW logo:
Download your country logo:
If you wish to use the EUPHA logo, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.