European Public Health WEEK
22-26 May 2023
Public health: Global issues, local actions
Tuesday 23 May - Diversity in health
The principle of equality is a central topic on the agenda in public health. The very word equality implies that differences exist, and that our populations are diverse. How do we embrace this diversity amongst patients and provide appropriate care for everyone? Special attention should be given to vulnerable groups and representation should always be kept in mind, for example in decision-making bodies. What action can be taken in health leadership to accommodate diversity in health?
Daily kick-off event
"Embracing diversity in health: Good inclusive practices and the role of (public) health leadership"
Recording available here.
These are sub themes to give you ideas and to stimulate your imagination. They do not limit the scope of the day themes. If you are having doubts on which day you should organise your event, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org: our team will be happy to help you.
- Representation in health leadership: enabling diversity
- Socioeconomic disparities: the role of social workers
- Women’s health
- Addressing implicit bias and racial disparities in health
- Intersectionality (compounded vulnerabilities) and what it means for healthcare provision
- Increasing the knowledge on and overcoming disparities in health and health care among LGBTQI+ populations
- Culturally sensitive health care provision
- Understanding the needs of people with disabilities
- Fighting ageism
- Diversity in your public health workforce
Do you want to get involved in this theme?
Is 'Diversity in health' a theme that appeals to you?
Whether you are an institution, a health professional or an ordinary citizen interested in one of this theme, you may organise your own event(s). Submit your event here.
If you are unable to organise your own event, spreading the word is also hugely important. Have a look at the media toolkit to share the message of the European Public Health Week 2023.
Of course you can also join one or more of the activities and events. By participating, you will get interesting insights and contribute to the success of event hosts!