European Public Health WEEK
16-20 May 2022
Health throughout the life course
Friday 20 May - Building resilient health systems
Health care workers are one of the key pillars of building resilient health systems. Data, health promotion, appreciation for health professionals and having attention for the local communities all play an important role in building stronger and more resilient health systems. How can we improve the health systems in the European Region?
These are subthemes to give you ideas and to stimulate your imagination. They do not limit the scope of the day themes. If you are having doubts on which day you should organise your event, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will be happy to help you.
- Health and care workers are a key pillar for building resilient health systems
- Continuation of chronic care in difficult times
- Resilient health workforce: perspectives of the health workforce
- Local engagement of communities
- Importance of data (e.g. EHDS)
- Health promotion for health professionals
- Enhancing public appreciation for health professionals
- Person centered care: the needs of the person involved
- Health care setting as a setting for climate protection
- Public health and resilient health systems in small territories, countries or regions.
- Patient engagement and quality of care
- Behavioral and cultural insights
- Investments in the health and care workforce and in the improvement of health service coverage and health emergency preparedness, builds societies’ health resilience and security. (Source: Zapata, T., Buchan, J. and Azzopardi-Muscat, N.)
- COVID-19 has reinforced the centrality of health workers at the core of a well performing and resilient health system and exposed the risks of any staffing and skills shortages. (Source: Zapata, T., Buchan, J. and Azzopardi-Muscat, N.)
- The new normal for many health workers implies a higher workload, higher exposure to COVID infection, that have contributed to increased mental stress, staff absenteeism and burnout, suffering long COVID and the appearance of psychological conditions. (Source: WHO)
Do you want to get involved in this theme?
Is 'building resilient health systems' a theme that appeals to you?
Whether you are an institution, a health professional or an ordinary citizen interested in one of this theme, you may organise your own event(s). Submit your event here.
If you are unable to organise your own event, spreading the word is also hugely important. Have a look at the media toolkit to share the message of the European Public Health Week 2022.
Of course you can also join one or more of the activities and events. By participating, you will get interesting insights and contribute to the success of event hosts!
Partner of the Friday: European Observatory on Health Systems & Policies
We're collaborating with the European Observatory on Health Systems & Policies.
Together we will offically kick-off the last theme of the week: Building resilient health systems