Becoming a global member of EUPHA
In order to offer support to national public health associations and institutes outside of the WHO Europe Region, the Executive Council may decide to grant associate membership to these associations and institutes upon request. This global membership is reserved for organizations that endorse the principles of EUPHA and desire to collaborate with EUPHA’s objectives. Global membership is granted for the minimum period of 3 years.
- Your association or institute is included in the European-wide network of public health experts (more than 39'000 at the moment).
- You have access to the EUPHA resources.
- For publishing in the European Journal of Public Health you will receive a 20% reduction of the Open Access charges.
- Your members or staff will benefit from an 80 Euro reduction on registration fees for all European Public Health Conferences.
- Your members or staff can participate in all EUPHA activities (sections, projects, etc.).
- A representative of your association or institute will have observer status in the EUPHA Governing Board.
The membership fees will be decided by the Executive Council based on GDP of the country of origin and benefits to receive from EUPHA. In exceptional cases, the Executive Council may reduce or waive membership dues in specific circumstances with due reason given, such as disaster or economic crisis in a specific country.
How to apply
Global membership can be requested in 2 ways:
- upon invitation from the EUPHA Executive Council
- In a standard letter with the request to become a global member of EUPHA
The information can be sent to email@example.com, which is then circulated among the executive council who will decide on membership.