European Public Health Week
17-21 May 2021
Joining forces for healthier populations
The European Public Health Week (EUPHW) aims to raise awareness about public health and promote collaboration among the public health community in Europe.
It is an annual initiative that began in 2019.
More than 200 events confirm Europe’s commitment to join forces for public health
The third edition of the European Public Health Week registered
a record number of events organised by 40 countries in 19 languages
A successful European Public Health Week - addressing the need to join forces
Thanks to you, the European Public Health Week was a big success for the third consecutive year.
- 212 events (50% organised by at least two organisations)
- 40 hosting countries (top 5: Bulgaria, Portugal, UK, Netherlands, Belgium)
- 19 languages (top 5: English, Bulgarian, Portuguese, Russian, German)
Read the summaries of each day's activities of the EUPHW 2021 edition:
- 17 May: Communicating science and health
- 18 May: New challenges in mental health
- 19 May: Your local community
- 20 May: All for one health
- 21 May: Leaving no one behind
Bulgaria registered the highest number of events in this edition. See the summary of events in Bulgaria here.
Check our YouTube channel for recordings of several EUPHW sessions.
The European Public Health Week (EUPHW) aims to:
The European Public Health Week (EUPHW) is an initiative by the European Public Health Association (EUPHA) supported by the WHO Regional Office for Europe.
Co-funded under an operating grant from the European Union’s Health Programme.